Meet the Attorneys
Attorney Sosa-Morris and Attorney Neuman focus on employment law, personal injury, workers' compensation, and medical malpractice. They have a history of representing the employee or the injured person, and do not represent corporations. Sosa-Morris Neuman represents employees nationwide in wage and hour class and collective actions.
Attorney Beatriz Sosa-Morris
Attorney Beatriz “Bea” Sosa-Morris was born in McAllen, Texas, and raised in Angleton, Texas. She watched her parents' American dream come to fruition when they started their small business called "Angleton Tire Shop." At that moment, she knew that she wanted to realize her American dream and enter a profession in which she could assist others through difficult times in their lives. Her first job was at the family tire shop where she developed her work ethic. Her family turned a rundown fruit stand into a tire shop where every member of her immediate family has worked including her husband who is now a neurosurgeon. Attorney Sosa-Morris was not afraid of working hard and getting her hands dirty while working at Angleton Tire Shop, and that work ethic has followed her into her professional career. Attorney Sosa-Morris says that, “a hands-on approach to every case is a necessity if you truly believe that the Client Matters. While other firms may have a partners’ name on the door, the client never speaks with that partner and they end up being pawned off to someone the client did not hire. Here, I am always reachable because you hired me.”
Attorney Sosa-Morris attended Angleton High School and graduated in the top 10% of her class. She received a full four-year scholarship to Sam Houston State University. Only three years after graduating from high school, she earned a Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business and a Bachelor in Business Administration in Economics, graduating Magna Cum Laude.
Attorney Sosa-Morris is a native English and Spanish speaker. She studied international finance and international business administration in Puebla, Mexico, at the Universidad Iberoamericana and finished her undergraduate degrees at Sam Houston State University in 2008. After receiving her two bachelor degrees, Attorney Sosa-Morris attended South Texas College of Law. At South Texas, Attorney Sosa-Morris graduated Magna Cum Laude, top 10% of her class, and took the bar exam prior to graduation.
Attorney Sosa-Morris has first-hand experience representing those who have been injured. Too often insurance companies take advantage of the vulnerable position a person is in right after an accident. Attorney Sosa-Morris is ready to be by their side and fight for them. When it comes to negotiating, Attorney Sosa-Morris will not back down from what is just for her clients. Whether it be an automobile accident, medical malpractice, or a work place injury, Attorney Sosa-Morris has experience getting those injured individuals the compensation they deserve. She has represented numerous injured workers at Benefit Contested Case Hearings ("CCH") and Benefit Review Conferences ("BRC").
Additionally, Attorney Sosa-Morris has protected the rights of those injured by pharmacies including Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, and grocery store pharmacies. She understands that those seeking medication for their ailments are put in grave peril when given the wrong medication or the wrong dosage instructions by the pharmacy. As a result, Attorney Sosa-Morris fights for her clients, and has successfully settled numerous cases against these pharmacies.
Further, Attorney Sosa-Morris litigated against numerous employers for violation of overtime and minimum wage laws. By working at various businesses prior to becoming an attorney including Angleton Tire Shop, Wal-Mart, Target, and Sonic, Attorney Sosa-Morris knows how hard people work for an honest day’s pay. Consequently, she viciously goes after businesses on behalf of working Americans for wages they are rightfully owed. Attorney Sosa-Morris has taken the fight all the way up to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals where she successfully received an opinion favorable for Marine and Cargo Expeditors/Surveyors.
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- South Texas College of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Magna Cum Laude, May 2011
- Order of the Lytae, 2009
- Phi Delta Phi, Honor Society, 2009
- South Texas Law Review, Associate Editor
- Corporate Counsel Review, Associate Editor
- STCL Langdell Scholar, Fall 2009, Spring 2010, Summer 2010, Fall 2010
- Sam Houston State University
- BBA International Business, May 2008
- BBA Economics, May 2008
- Magna Cum Laude
- Smith-Hutson Business Scholarship recipient
- Omicron Delta Epsilon, International Honor Society for Economics, 2007
- Beta Gamma Sigma, International Honor Society,
- Alpha Kappa Phsi, Public Relations Committee
- Society for Human Resource Management, 2007
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- International Hispanic Association, Fundraising Committee
- Universidad Iberoamericana, Puebla Mexico
- Study Abroad completed Summer 2006
- Coronado v. D.N. W. Houston, Inc., No. CIV.A. H-13-2179, 2015 WL 5781375 (S.D. Tex. Sept. 30, 2015);
- Encarnacion v. J.W. Lee, Inc., No. 14-CIV-61927, 2015 WL 6437686 (S.D. Fla. Oct. 22, 2015);
- Zannikos v. Oil Inspections (U.S.A.), Inc., 605 Fed. App’x 349, 2015 WL 1379882 (5th Cir. 2015);
- Coronado v. D. N.W. Houston, Inc., No. CIV.A. H-13-2179, 2014 WL 2779548 (S.D. Tex. June 19, 2014);
- Coronado v. D N.W. Houston, Inc., No. CIV.A. H-13-2179, 2014 WL 6674292 (S.D. Tex. Nov. 24, 2014);
- Kesley v. Entm't U.S.A. Inc., No. CV-14-01105-PHX-NVW, 2014 WL 7178378 (D. Ariz. Dec. 17, 2014).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mexican American Bar Association, Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member
- SABA, Member
- The State Bar of Texas, Member
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Executive Board Member
- HTLA Woman’s Caucus, Member
- Volunteer with Adopt an Angel through HYLA, 2011-2015
- Participated in the Houston Half Marathon, 2013
- Participated in the Aramco Half Marathon, 2014
- Volunteer with Houston Trial Lawyers Foundation, 2014-2016
- Lifetime Young Professional Member of Casa de Esperanza.
Attorney John Neuman
John Neuman is one of the founding partners of Sosa-Morris Neuman Attorneys at Law. He was born in Houston, Texas and raised in the small town of Beasley. He attended high school in Rosenberg.
John attended the University of Texas and majored in history. Following his college graduation he enlisted in the Marine Corps as an infantryman. During his time with the Marines, John deployed to Iraq several times where he received multiple citations, including the combat action ribbon and the Purple Heart medal. He also participated in humanitarian relief efforts following the 2004 tsunami in the Philippines and Sri Lanka.
After leaving the Marine Corps, John attended law school at the University of Houston Law Center. While in law school, he honed his legal research skills as an articles editor on the Houston Business and Tax Law Journal. Additionally, in law school, John worked with several public interest organizations to provide free legal services to individuals throughout Houston. He graduated with honors (magna cum laude) in the top ten percent of his class.
The primary focus of John’s practice is the recovery of unpaid wages and he has litigated these cases around the country, including in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Colorado, California, New York, Arizona, Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Washington. John has represented employees across many industries, including healthcare providers, restaurant workers, oil field technicians, and loan officers.
Areas of Practice
- Class and Collective Actions
- Wage and Hour
- Medical Malpractice
- Pharmacy Malpractice
- Product Liability
- WARN Act
- Civil Rights
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- University of Houston Law Center
- Top 10% of Graduating Class
- Honors Graduate
- Order of the Coif
- Editor, Houston Business and Tax Law Journal
- University of Texas
- BA in History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The State Bar of Texas
- Combat Action Ribbon
- Purple Heart medal
The information on this website is not, nor should it be, construed as legal advice for any reason, individual, or legal matter. The information on this website is for general and educational information purposes only. The information on this website is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. All cases and legal matters are different. If you have a legal question, contact us for a free and confidential case evaluation. Principal office in Houston, Texas. ©2017 Sosa-Morris Neuman Attorneys at Law. All Rights Reserved.