When expecting a child, all parents only wish for one thing-a healthy child. Unfortunately, and as a result of medical negligence, some children are never given the opportunity to be healthy. While some hospitals have policies in place to prevent birth injuries, many times their medical staff does not adhere to those practices. Birth injuries can also occur when hospitals do not have proper policies in place to deal with emergency situations. Other common causes of birth injuries are:
- failure to perform an emergency C-section;
- failure to diagnose and prescribe the proper treatment for preeclampsia;
- faulty policies and procedures in place;
- improper delivery of the baby (by twisting, pulling, and excessive force used during delivery);
- Improperly using birthing tools such as forceps;
- prescribing harmful medication to the mother during pregnancy; and
- failure to monitor the fetal heartbeat.
The common types of injuries that result from medical malpractice in the labor and delivery room are:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Skull Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erb's Palsy
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brachial Plexus Injury
- Bell's Palsy
- Birth Hypoxia
If you suspect that negligence has occurred in the labor and delivery room, please contact us immediately for a free case evaluation.
The information on this website is not, nor should it be, construed as legal advice for any reason, individual, or legal matter. The information on this website is for general and educational information purposes only. The information on this website is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. All cases and legal matters are different. If you have a legal question, contact us for a free and confidential case evaluation. ©2017 Sosa-Morris Neuman Attorneys at Law. All Rights Reserved.